The 2020 pandemic has forced many of us to work from home, and things may not change for at least a while. If you intend to work on a desk, you should consider getting a bigger, better screen, so that you don’t strain your eyes working on the laptop for hours. The good news is there are many online sites, such as PrimeCables.ca, which have amazing discounts and deals on desktop monitors and other accessories right now. In this post, we are sharing all you need to know before buying a desktop monitor in particular.
- Determine your usage. Why do you want to buy the monitor? Are you an avid gamer? Do you want to use it for professional needs? Or is this an additional desktop monitor for general use? Your purpose should determine the type of product you need.
- Watch out for resolution. Even a while back, full HD desktop monitors were considered to be enough but not anymore. If you really want the best viewing experience and picture, go for a 4k monitor at the least.
- Size of your screen is a factor to consider. Besides the resolution, you have to decide on the size of the screen you need. For instance, if your desktop monitor is strictly for gaming, you don’t need a huge screen. Something like a 32-inch model would do. For entertainment, you can go as large as you want.
- Refresh rate matters. The refresh rate, for the unversed, refers to the number of times your monitor updates per second, and for gaming in particular, this is an important factor. The general rule for monitors is bigger is better. Response time is another thing to consider for gaming, which should be shorter.
- Type of panel. There are three common types of panels – TN, IPS, and VA. TN monitors offer the best possible image quality, while IPS monitors have better refresh rates. As far as color production and contrast is concerned, VA panels stand out. If you are looking for a general desktop monitor, go for VA panel.
Finally, decide your budget. If you don’t want a huge model in terms of size, you can find good options even under $500. Spend a tad more and you can get amazing features in desktop monitors. It all depends on what extras you are willing to pay for, and don’t forget to check online for the best deals, offers, and discounts.